Friday, February 18, 2011

New research

In this entry you should list any new materials you've found, new research you've done, tweaks made to to your product, etc.  In short, what have you been doing with your time?  And what do you see as your biggest challenges going forward?

On friday the 18th of Feburary, I went to Symmes elementary to meet with a special education teacher Mrs. Chuey. It was amazing talking with her about the students and seeing her work with some students too. We talked about me shadowing her for a full day and working with her students.

When we talking about my topic she said that she didn't really have any information on which worked better homeschooling or if you go to school, but we did nd up talking about when she just first started teaching and how it was alot different then than now because of a new law they made the inclustion act. This act is saything that the students need to be with the other students so they can learn and be around their peers. She said is it really difficult to include the "pull outs." The "pull outs" are a sevirely handicaped kids who can't learn what the other students are learning at all. In the olden days before the inclusive act they would teach the students life lessions to be more independent when they are older, but now they have a set coriculum that they have to teach, so they can't work on life lessons as much.

So, I was thinking that instead of the topic I had I was thinking about changing it to be about if the inclusion law if it was actually benifical or not. I got a book from Mrs. Chuey and I am planning to talk to Coach Strong soon and I will see if this topic is better.

No comments:

Post a Comment