Thursday, April 21, 2011

Conclusion:

The conclusion that I have drawn from my research is amazing and very useful. I have figured out that inclusion might be the best policy for some students, but bad for others. You just have to realize which environment will work the best for each student. I came up with this conclusion because it really depends on the child; they are all different and they need to be in the learning style that best fits them.
With all the questions I asked the special education teachers I have figured out that Sycamore has a strong base of the inclusion policy. Of course, they have some issues with it, but for the most part is it as strong as it could be for the moment. All Sycamore can do to change their inclusion policy for the better is time (Strong).
The gap that I had throughout my research was that there was no real data comparing the two sides. I would have loved to find studies comparing the school that use inclusion to the schools that don’t, but there was no scientific evidence. The extension to any research that I would like to do is do research comparing the two sides, but on data alone. I would want to find two schools and see which students perform better; one school being only inclusion and the other have no inclusion at all. Hopefully, I will really get to extend this research on my own when I work with special needs children as a profession. All of this research has assisted me with learning about special education and how they learn better.

No comments:

Post a Comment