Thursday, April 28, 2011

Gym Class

Today I did my product part of capstone. It was so much fun! I talked to one of the gym teachers and she thought of a little better way to set it up.
I used a regular goalie lacrosse stick. I used an empty trash can and a little soccer goal. Most of the kids liked the little soccer goal the best cause it was a lot easier to score on. I also got different style of balls they throw into the goal. Some was harder and some were extremely soft. The style we used for the kids depended on the one they wanted.
First, I had Matt go, he loved it! He scored 8 goals; he was really excited about that. He could use the stick extremely well and didn't really need my help at all.
Then we had Taaj, Taaj had a harder time with playing lacrosse. His hands don't open all the way so what I did was get two hair scrunches and put them on the lacrosse stick then I put his hands in the scrunches. He didn't really like playing lacrosse. I think that the main reason he didn't like it was because the stick was really heavy and it was really difficult to balance it.
Overall, I think that this really did help me learn to include kids better. I know what to do different and what to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment